- Users' URL
- Developers' URL
- Commenting: Initial status for project, it's an idea people are commenting on
Spinning off the StatesDecoded project (see baltimorecode.org) for Miami-Dade County. Project is in conjunction with The OpenGov Foundation.
After hacking, experimenting, testing, questioning, researching, I was finally able to get everything working.
- Solr is now updated with all laws
- Division Laws (Level 4) are now showing
- General cleanup of laws and section ids
- Improve Parser by redesign
- Add tag functionality by parsing keywords from law text
- Harden the server
- change passwords
- password protect admin
Posted on by Antonio Llanos
From Rebecca White (sowhitedi):
Hello Ernie, Will, Rebekah, and Antonio,
Thanks for welcoming me onto this project as a designer, and welcoming me to Miami! I'm brand new here and looking forward to working with you all.
I wanted to let you know some of my general thoughts for the design of this site. At hack night we've discussed that the current styling is very Virginia-Political and does not feel very Miami. So I'm looking at developing some color palettes and type styling that reflect the energy and vibrance of our city. I also would like for it to make some subtle references to the Wynwood neighborhood, since that is where it's being created!
Does anyone have a suggestion of an iconic object / piece of architecture / something that really says MIAMI? For the header of the site, I would like to replace the generic State of Florida outline logo with something that's symbolic of Miami. I can do a custom illustration for this logo, just want to get some ideas from people who have been here longer than I have!
I'd appreciate any ideas or suggestions you might have.
Posted on by Rebecca White
Hey folks, MAJOR update this weekend thanks to the work of Will and Antonio: http://22.214.171.124/
This is what has been done this weekend:
- Antonio imported Will's XML dumps
- I went in and stylized/customized the front page for Miami-Dade County, including a map of Miami-Dade that is not the official MDC logo. I also cleaned up some white space issues in the footer.
- I added copy to the /About page
As far as I'm aware, these are the major things that need to be addressed:
- Tying the DNS to miamidadecode.org (this is in Antonio's bucket, I think?)
- Inline definitions show a JSON error
- solr/search doesn't seem to be running at the moment
Posted on by Ernie Hsiung
I was able to get this up on EC2, need to run the updates, and then we can point the DNS over. In looking at Municode, I noticed that there is a City of Miami code, and there is the MiamiDade County Code, which is what we will be launching. Don't know if we want to add MiamiDadeDecoded.org as the URL, instead of MiamiDecoded.org
We still need the following:
- Reskin the site
- Update the dictionary for Miami (it is set for Virginia terms)
- Load the latest XML documents.
Posted on by Ernie Hsiung